Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why? (Sep. 2nd)

For me, the most challenging part in building an argument is reciting evidence. It's easier when given a text to collect evidence from, but without one, it's difficult. Finding evidence to support my claim is pretty easy for me, so is explaining, it's just a matter of what materials are provided for me or not. I especially struggle with this since my memory is not the best in certain things, so using something that isn't an observation or a part of my experience isn't the easiest. 

Summary: Today in class, we learned about lines of reasoning, which connects a claim to evidence, commentary, and a conclusion. We also wrote paragraphs on an unpopular opinion in groups.

Reflection: I believe if my memory were a bit better or if I had a chance to look up articles, news episodes, or something else as reference to the topic I'm writing about, I would not struggle as much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why. (Aug. 25)

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. (Aug. 31)

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it? (Aug. 26)