Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument? (Sep. 18)

One thing I understand better about commentary that I did not fully understand before is that coming up with three or more full sentences can be difficult sometimes. Some prompts differ from others, which can cause confusion or hesitation in knowing what to write. However, I think the best thing to do is to jot down a few quick ideas on what you might want to say, and then figure out how to connect those ideas to one another in a way that naturally flows and is relevant to the claim and evidence. Plus, the entire concept of writing commentary is actually more simple than it might seem, it just takes practice. 

Summary: Today in class, we did practice on writing commentary for a claim and piece of evidence. 

Reflection: I believe that doing practice on writing commentary is beneficial, not only to me but my class as well. I hope that we can continue to practice like this, and maybe even review in class to further comprehend what good commentary may look like in an argumentative essay. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why. (Aug. 25)

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. (Aug. 31)

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it? (Aug. 26)