Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it. (Sep. 21)
I think the vocabulary word that would be most useful to me in the future would be "idyllic." It is an adjective used to describe something that is carefree, simple, or close to perfect. Realistically, I could see myself using this word often, like when describing whether I have had a good day---whether it was idyllic or not. I could also see myself using this word to describe some of my friends who are pretty open-minded, go with the flow, and enjoy the little things in life.
Summary: Today in class, we wrote down notes on new vocabulary, did practice, and wrote a sentence for each word.
Reflection: I believe that taking notes on new vocabulary is important, but doing practice is what will influence the words to stick. It shows you what scenarios you might use the words in and when they would be appropriate to use.
Comments
Post a Comment