hink about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric. (Sep. 14)
I can not recall a specific time where I have completed an assignment without fully understanding what my teacher was looking for, but I do know that this happened quite a lot. Sometimes it is difficult for me to process information right away without specific details or instructions given. Even so, I still complete the assignment to the best of my abilities by looking at the rubric if one is provided. Rubrics tend to help me get a better idea of what is expected to receive the highest grade for the assignment, as they usually make instructions clearer to understand and sometimes even provide examples.
Summary: Today in class, we annotated a rubric given to us by Mr. Rease, to which we would then use to revise our argument paragraphs.
Reflection: By not only looking over the AP Lang Argument Essay Rubric, but annotating it as well, I believe that I will have a better understanding of what work I must put in to receive the highest possible grade. With annotations and notes alongside the rubric to highlight what is the most important to remember, I believe I will have higher success in this class and on my AP Exam at the end of this year.
Comments
Post a Comment