Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling? (Sep. 22)
This is not necessarily a specific time, but I always feel like I belong the most when I'm in Audio Visual Tech & Film. Originally, I did not sign up for the class, but I quickly grew to love it. Learning how to use the equipment, memorizing the correct terms, and being able to let out some of my creativity has already been something I enjoy a lot, especially since I enjoy writing and coming up with unique ideas for any scenario I'm in. That being said, meeting and being around people who might share similar ideas as me and who have the same passion as me makes me feel seen. I have met some of my greatest friends in this class, and I never feel awkward when giving out an idea for a script, what shots we should shoot, what elements we could include in editing, etc. Going to that class is truly the highlight of my day.
Summary: Today in class, we analyzed "Missing Your People" by Tracy Bower on Commonlit, which discussed the importance of belonging.
Reflection: After reading this text, I understood and agreed with the message. I also felt as thought I could connect with the author's message since I know what it feels like both to belong to a group and to feel left out, and can easily compare the two experiences over which one is more favorable and beneficial.
Comments
Post a Comment