Write about something that you believed as a child. (Aug. 14)
If you're familiar with the term "Creepypasta," I'm sure you most definitely know who "Slenderman" is, as he has pretty much been the face of it for quite a while on the internet. As a child with pretty unlimited internet access, I ended up being extremely interested in all the different stories people were creating, their characters, how fans perceived them, etc. Of course, this naturally caused my childlike imagination to run wild with ideas, one of which genuinely placed me under the belief that Slenderman lived in the woods behind my house. Yes, it's silly, but seven-year-old me was dead set on this idea and used to spend hours staring out the window to see if he would pop up... to which he obviously did not. That belief only vanished after I moved away from that old house when I was around nine-years-old, but sometimes I think back to that time and giggle about it.
Summary: Today in class, we went over different types of claims: claims of fact, claims of policy, and claims of value.
Reflection: Tying my childhood belief into our class topic, I believe I can make the claim of value that Slenderman, along with many other Creepypasta stories, was very influential on internet culture, especially in the early 2000s when the concept first came about.
Comments
Post a Comment