Describe something you will never fully understand. (Aug. 24)

    I don't think I will ever be able to understand people who are so unnecessarily rude to others and choose to be ignorant about others' struggles. I have seen quite a lot of people, especially online, who will automatically assume something about a stranger and then say incredibly disrespectful things about them. Whether it be online or in person, I believe everyone should have basic respect and manners towards everyone, whether they want to interact with them or not, or initially like them or not.

Summary: Today in class, we dived deeper into rhetorical situations and used former AP Lang free-response questions to practice. 

Reflection: I think that sometimes to properly understand someone's perspective, the devices taught with rhetorical situations could help some people explain their stance. I think that to avoid clashing with others, a mutual understanding of one another would make a big difference. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why. (Aug. 25)

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. (Aug. 31)

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it? (Aug. 26)